Air purifiers have become a very necessary part of life as we have insulated ourselves from outdoors. By re-circulating rather than exchanging the air inside our home and offices, we are breathing stale, at best, and in many cases harmful air filled with hazardous airborne pollutants. Here are 5 benefits of using air purifiers to clean your air.
1. Live Longer Poor indoor air quality can contribute to asthma, hyper-sensitivity, pneumonia, headaches, dry eyes, nasal congestion, nausea and fatigue, allergic reactions and cancer. (Source: American Lung Association) Since most of us spend 90% of our lives indoors, using an air purifier to keep the air healthy where we spend most of our time seems like a wise choice towards longevity.
2. Provide Clean Air You know the fresh clean scent that rushes in when you first open the windows in the spring? Having an air purifier clear your air constantly means not only do you get constant breaths of fresh air, but you don't let in the spring pollen and dust that often accompany the spring breeze. And your air remains clean and fresh when you are insulated from the cold of winter and the heat of summer. This is especially important since the allergen levels in super-insulated homes are 200% higher than normal. (Source: The United States Environmental Protection Agency).
3. Eliminate Pollutants Before They Accumulate High efficiency particle arresting or HEPA air purifiers are specifically designed to constantly filter sub-micron size pollutants as small as .3 to .1 microns. These are the worst kind-the ones that can't be seen without magnification. With an air purifier contaminants such as, dust, pet hair and dander, mold and mildew spores, bacteria and viruses never get an opportunity to gather to any significant degree and be unsightly, cause embarrassing odor, or trigger symptoms associated with allergy, asthma, and other respiratory conditions.
4. Save Time With air fresheners, both plug-ins and sprays, you have to use your time to shop for them and use them. Not to mention that these products send more stuff into the air. And somehow masking the problem with a scent seems a bit like putting on deodorant before the shower. A purifier simply plugs in and quietly scrubs your air clean--constantly.
5. Environmentally Friendly Many cleaners on the market today have filters that are biodegradable, use minimal energy for maximum cleaning capacity, and are guaranteed to last 5, 10 years and longer. These purifiers are often awarded the Energy Star Seal of Approval because they have met such high standards in terms of leaving less of a footprint on our environment.